About Me....

Hey everyone! My name is Jamie Lynn and I'm a junior at the University of South Alabama. I'm majoring in elementary education where I have a heart for teaching kids. Most people who meet me at first think that I'm shy, but once I get to know that person I usually break out of my shell. I'm a hard worker, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. I believe that I can achieve anything I set my mind too. I want to instill this philosophy in the children I teach so that they can achieve their goals as well. One of my goals, after I graduate, is to enter the master's program here at South. If all goes well; I hope to continue my education and get my PhD.

Tools/Technology

internet
My classroom will always be opened to new technology. It's so important to teach our students how to use this gift so that they can communicate with the world. Technology creates all kinds of opportunities for the children.
Here is a list of a few tools that I will as a future teacher:

1. Webquests- This makes learning so much fun for the kids, and it encourages them to think outside the box. It also discourages "burp back education".
2.Google- Google has so many good advantages for the classroom. The children can create their own presentations. It also allows them to email, and create forms.
3.Skype- It's so easy to use; I taught myself how to use it in 5 minutes. It encourages communication with other students or teachers.
4. Blogging-Students can write their own opinions and ideas for everyone to see. It encourages creativity.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan